The culmination of 2 weeks of work leads to today: original plays written and directed by students at Mt. Scott Learning Center, and performed by professional actors, onstage at the Clinton St Theater.
Mt. Scott Learning Center (MSLC) opened in 1994 to serve the needs of students struggling to succeed in traditional classrooms. Today, MSLC serves 160 students in grades 9-12. The organization is fully accredited by AdvancED and registered with the Oregon Department of Education to provide full-day academic services to students referred by area school districts.
A landmark of Portland cinema history, The Clinton Street Theater is one of the oldest operating moviehouses in the United States.
Opening in 1915 as the Clinton, the theater became the 26th Avenue Theatre in 1945 and the Encore in 1969. In 1976 it reverted to its original name.
Although the theater has undergone many changes over the years, it remains an intimate single screen venue with the capacity for 222 patrons.
Famous for its long-standing exhibition of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, the theater is currently a magnet for independent / revival films.
In April of 2012, the Clinton Street Theater was purchased by Roger and Lani Jo Leigh. It has a revolving cast of volunteers and film freaks who enjoy helping support its existence.