Are you yearning to perform, but unsure where to begin?
Looking to add depth to your acting abilities?
Whether you're a total beginner or have previous stage experience, improvisation is a marvelous tool for building confidence, listening skills, open-mindedness, and a positive outlook. In a safe and supportive environment, you'll experience the fun and freedom of improvisational acting.
In this one-day workshop, open to all PlayWrite grads, you will:
· Learn the value of "yes, and" in almost any situation
· Play theatre games that will help you energize and focus
· Learn how to use improv to strengthen communication skills
· Understand the value of a playful attitude toward accepting new ideas
· Create a short performance piece developed from improv with peers
· Begin work on a field study character observation
You’ll leave class with specific techniques to help you shine on stage, and will take home an observation journal to help inspire and motivate you in your daily life.
This Improv Workshop is FREE and open to anyone who has completed a PlayWrite workshop. All materials (plus snacks) will be provided. You just need to bring your enthusiasm and willingness to play!
SUNDAY, MARCH 12 1:00pm – 5:00pm
PlayWrite HQ: 1907 NE 45th Ave., Portland
Space is limited! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.