Victoria Loonstyn-Barone completed one of our workshops at New Avenues for Youth this year. We appreciated her dedication to the process, and overall creativity. Click to watch her play!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself! Where are you from, what you do for fun, and what are you passionate about?
I'm a natural writer with experience representing my elementary school Ridge Wood in an all state conference at Portland State University, working and publishing with non profits like Write Around Portland and Outside In. My aspirations are for empowering everyday citizens to be self sufficient and empowered by knowledge and knowledge of the self.
2. What are five words you can use to describe the PlayWrite experience?
Multi-talented, wise, kind, creative, optimistic, leadership.
3. What do you remember and/or value most from your PlayWrite workshop experience?
The challenge of taking an unknown step by step process on a faith basis to complete a beautiful piece of creative theatrical art!
4. Why do you want to continue to engage with PlayWrite?
I want to learn how to create theater and film pieces through acting and improv and writing knowledge and skills.
5. What are your hopes and plans for the future?
I plan to become active with SAG and Global Communications Performing arts label and find community opportunities to work and improve my acting, writing, and teamwork theater art skills.
Thank you Victoria for being a part of our community of PlayWrite Graduates! We look forward to hearing what you're up to next!