Turn Your Good Idea into a Good Story
Saturday 12/17 10am-2pm
Do you have an idea in your head that you just know would make a great story, but you’re not sure how to get started? Whether you want to write a book, screenplay, graphic novel, TV show, or another narrative work, this workshop will give you the tools you need to build the house of your story.
In this one-day workshop, open to all PlayWrite grads, you will:
· Practice pitching your idea to get it out of your head and into the world
· Learn about specific narrative tools to use in constructing your story
· View clips from film and TV shows that demonstrate effective narrative techniques
· Do short, targeted writing exercises to practice these techniques
· Spend dedicated time working on your own creative project, whatever it may be.
You’ll leave class with a fine-tuned pitch for your project, the first full scene or page, and a plan for how to continue.
This Graduate Workshop is FREE and open to anyone who has completed a PlayWrite workshop. All materials (and a pizza lunch) will be provided. You just need to bring your idea and your enthusiasm to create!
Space is limited; email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.